Thursday, February 9, 2017

Beginner paper piecing class- take 2


It's our new annual tradition.  I'm determined to teach to fish rather than feed for a day, if you know what I'm saying.  It's our 2nd annual beginning quilt class, charity quilt sew-a-thon, modern-day quilting bee.

I've debated long and hard about the lessons I learned last year.  Things like:
1.  don't use a pattern with multiple pieces on the first try.  (wayyy too many moving parts)
2.  don't try and teach a pattern with angles.
3.  find a couple of other people to learn how to sew it before the day, so you're not running around like a chicken with your head cut off.
4.  most people don't want handouts
5. most everyone is a visual learner.


I'm debating between a couple of different patterns....


Both of these patterns are freebies from Wombat Quilts
I like the first as a better choice for a class since there are no angles, but I love flying geese so naturally I'm drawn to the second one.  LOL  We'll see once we talk it through with our group.

So watch for updates in April!


No comments:

Post a Comment