Saturday, June 6, 2015

Since I've been gone....

I'm currently still working on my HP Dark Arts (Project of Doom 2015) QAL and these are the squares completed in the last two weeks.  I'm still in catch up mode since I'm a little behind the rest that started back in March, but I'm really happy with the progress.
Sorting Hat with Crookshanks (Weeks 21 & 22)  Pattern slightly adjusted to line things up a little more than the original.

Rita Skeeter's and Delores Umbridge's Quills (Week 23)  I did adjust this pattern to include both of the quills that were not on the original 2011 PoD, I'm pretty happy with how it came out!

Gilderoy Lockhart's Quill and Ink square (Week 15)  Well at least that's what I'm calling it...

Voldemort's wand (Week 14) -  the new 2015 version also offers patterns for Harry's wand and the Elder wand, but I felt like if I'm running a Dark Arts theme, He who much not be named's wand made more sense.  And while you can't tell as well here - the "bone" color of the wand piece is pretty cool.



Hermione's Blue Flame in the Jelly Jar (Week 20)  I am Thrilled at how this one turned out.  I used a shimmery overlay to give that feel of glass and it turned out great!

Durmstrang School Flag (Week 19) This week's square has quite a few options and I debated hard over if I should do one of the four houses (Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw), Beauxbatons, the Hogwarts Crest and this one.  I just really liked this one!  Plus my first PoD has the Hogwarts crest.

All Patterns are property of Fandominstitches.com and are always free!

No comments:

Post a Comment