Saturday, September 19, 2015

Birthday in the air.....stream?

Hexies have been dominating my time at present, but when I came across this picture on pinterest I couldn't resist - and I knew immediately who I wanted to make one for!

My Mom's birthday was coming up this next week - so after downloading the templates (listed on page 8 of the pdf) I kind of had to finagle my own directions since I couldn't find any specific directions.  And here are the results....


I opted to stuff the top with fiberfill and then added some play sand to give it a little weight at the bottom to keep the pincushion steady.  I also had to back the button wheels with some cardboard to keep them upright.


I'm in love with it.

Enough that I'd like to make my own - but I think when I do, I'll use a dowel glued between the button wheels to make it more steady.  So FUN and CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment